Machining Options Preferred with Lathe
Lathe machine was earlier applied in pottery making, metal and glass work. It is a multipurpose workshop component reliable for a range of operations parting from cutting such as drilling, threading, grooving, knurling, etc. The rotational axis stays the key factor that makes this tool unique from other workshop machinery. Since, a lathe machine is preferred for various machining operations when additional tooling gadgets are fixed with it. For perfect finishing over materials that need to be machined and for machining large diameter of work pieces lathe stands as the most compatible and cost effective option. There are different types of lathe machines available; however, a lathe model is selected based on the swing model and the size of the work piece and the space between head and tailstock to confirm the compatibility of machining possibilities with respect to the work piece material.
Beneficial Machining Features of Lathe Machine
Lathe machines are beneficial in various aspects and the different types of lathe models stays beneficial in unique way. For example,
- Turret lathe is suitable to carryout cutting operations of different sorts over the same work piece material.
- Light duty and heavy duty lathes are also available for respective quantity of work piece materials.
- CNC lathe is aided with computer system and is considered the most versatile of all lathe machine models
Apart from that automatic lathe models are suitable for low cost production for moderate and heavy duty machining requirements.
Continuous Production Possibilities with Lathe
With multipurpose machining aspects this cutting machine is found to one of the most preferred workshop machineries which are found to be economic as well as highly productive. In addition, CNC operated lathe device is a step ahead in cost saving. When compared to other lathe models, operating CNC requires very less man power. With the assistance of skilled labour CNC lathes can be preferred for speedy task and non-stop machining activities. Complicated machining requirements like specific drilling and threading which are not possible in drilling machines can be carried over with lathe machines.
Advantages of Manual Lathe over Recent Lathe Models
Machining expenses are comparatively lesser with CNC lathe machines when compared to manual lathe. Apart from lesser expense and non-stop production option CNC and other automated lathes are beneficial in several ways such as,
- There is less chance of safety issues with CNC machines whereas; manual lathes have to be handled with precautions.
- Skilled people can handle CNC embedded lathe very easily which is not possible for operators who have experience only to handle manual lathe.
- Power consumption is lesser in CNC and it stays a suitable machining option for higher productivity.
- Automated and CNC embedded cutting machines are known for ease of maintenance also.
A lathe device is certainly found to be compatible for complicated machining jobs. In addition, finding an automated lathe model is a suitable choice for high productivity and long term usage.